September 30, 2022
Each year, as part of its AGM, AMTA celebrates the achievements of professionals in the commercial transportation industry who go above and beyond expectations. This year, AMTA honours six individuals who have made significant impacts to the association and/or industry.
- Associate Trades – Kate Malley (Fort Garry Industries)
- Driver of the Year – Dan Murphy (Hill Bros., Inc.)
- Historical – Steve Callahan (retired, Alberta Sheriffs)
- Friend to Industry – Brian Dumsday (posthumously, BWDumsday & Associates Ltd. )
- Safety Person of the Year – Christine Groulx (4Seasons Transportation)
The Board also acknowledged Jude Groves with the Service to Industry Award, given to the Association’s outgoing chairperson in recognition of his or her invaluable contributions to the commercial transportation industry and AMTA during their term as chair.
“I am both humbled and grateful to receive this award, and I thank my colleagues whom I have had the pleasure to serve over the past three-plus years,” Groves said. “It truly has been a joy to work with you and my honour to represent our members, and I look forward to seeing the successes that will surely come about in the years to come.”
Nominations for our 2023 Awards will be posted later this year.