The AMTA’s COR Auditor course, approved by the Government of Alberta, enables learners to formally certify or re-certify as internal or external COR Auditors. The primary course components are as follows:
- The COR program and certification/recertification cycles
- COR audit data gathering practices
- COR audit steps
- Introduction to the AuditSoft COR audit tool
Prerequisites: Health and Safety System Building
Upcoming dates, click to register:
May 16, 2023
June 27, 2023
Oct 3, 2023
Nov 14, 2023
Learners seeking COR Auditor certification are required to complete a student (certification) audit within 90 days of the first day of COR Auditor training. The learner must be working for an employer who permits them to complete the audit. Learners taking COR Auditor Training for elective purposes only are not required to complete a student audit and are not required to be employed by a COR-certified employer.
Prior to attending the course, all learners are required to download AuditSoft’s evaluation license (free) as it is a required COR audit tool at the AMTA. The evaluation license is only valid for 30 days and is intended for classroom use only.
Note: If a learner is aiming to achieve their internal COR Auditor certification, they will be required to a submit a qualification audit within 90 days of the first day of COR auditor training. When submitting a qualification audit, a full license of the audit tool would need to be purchased by the learner.
When evaluating an employee’s registration for training as an internal COR Auditor, employers should consider the following:
- Do they have knowledge of company operations?
- Do they have good writing and computer skills
- Do they have an understanding of what a health and safety management system is?
Certification in COR Auditor will allow the learner to conduct annual maintenance audits for their employer only. If the learner would also like to be certified to do external audits, please review the application process to become a Consultant Auditor.
Both Internal and Consultant Auditor Pathways can be found here:
Delivery time: Two days (14 hours)
Instructor-led, virtual classroom: Join AMTA’s instructor and other course participants in training from the comfort of your home or office. Instructor-led virtual classroom courses are delivered through the Microsoft Teams app.
In-person classroom: AMTA will schedule in-person classroom courses on demand. A minimum of eight participants are required. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to have your name added to a waitlist. Please include the name of the course(s) that you’d like to attend in your email. As soon as there are enough participants, an in-person classroom will be scheduled.
Non-Member: $525 + GST*
*AMTA members receive a 50% discount on AMTA courses. Full-carrier members also receive a 20% discount on +100, third-party, online courses. Enter your WCB industry code in the ‘promo code/membership’ field to identify whether you qualify for member pricing. To learn about all of benefits of AMTA membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is recommended that learners pursuing their internal COR Auditor certification take this course when their company’s COR is in a maintenance year. This way, the learner will be able to satisfy auditor maintenance requirements of performing a minimum of two audits within three-year cycle.
- Certified internal COR Auditors, are required to recertify and complete two maintenance audits in every three-year cycle.