The AMTA is pleased to now offer workforce advisory for members. This function is dedicated to promoting opportunities within the Alberta transportation industry and works to enhance workplace development. We also provide labour adjustment strategies, supports, tools and resources for industry. Working with employers, community organizations, schools, employment programs and persons seeking to enter transportation careers, allows us to foster new partnerships and encourage people to explore various roles within commercial transportation.
If you are interested in attending an industry workforce event or have questions regarding any of the following, please contact Oriana.email@example.com, Industry Workforce Advisor.
• Interested in discussing your current workplace needs, concerns or ideas with an advisor
• Questions or concerns about understanding or implementing any legislation, policy or regulations pertaining to labour/ employment, OH&S,
immigration or foreign workers
• Workplace retention, recruitment and attraction strategies, development plans, consultation or training
• Partnership in or able to join presentations, career fairs or information sessions related to the industry as well as potential recruitment events
• OR questions about or interest in hosting the Alberta Road Knights for an event or employee session
- February 20, 2020 – Trucking HR Canada, Women With Drive Hits the Road, Edmonton
- February 24, 2020 – Careers in Transportation, Queen Elizabeth High School, Edmonton 12:37-1:57pm
- April 30, 2020 – Career Pathways, Centre for Education, Edmonton, 12-2 pm
- April 30, 2020 – Next Generation: Careers CAREER EXPO, Red Deer College, 9-3 pm.