March 2, 2023
Meet Lynn Bates. Lynn has a great attitude and over 35 years of trucking and transportation experience. He also has extensive knowledge of the industry and the highway network across Canada, Alaska and the Territories. Lynn has become a teacher and mentor, assisting with training drivers and providing sage advice to individuals interested in starting up their own business. With Lynn’s mix of experience, skills and eagerness to return to work he would be an invaluable asset to any organization.
Name: Lynn Bates
Location: High Level, Alberta
Positions of Interest: Dispatching; Customer service
Potential to return to driving with truck modifications. No
Type of employment desired: Full time or seasonal
Availability: High Level, Alberta
English level: Fluent
Class of License: Class 1
Years of truck driving experience: 38 years
Other work experience: Driver, Manager/road foreman, Transportation coordinator
Additional industry training:
- Dispatcher certificate, Transcom, Edmonton, AB, 2021
- Voice recognition training (VRT), Lifemark, Online, 2022
- Basic and intermediate computer courses, Lifemark, Online, 2021
Able to pass a Motor vehicle records check: Yes
- Dispatching and routing skills
- Customer service and communication skills
- Problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Excellent time management
- Microsoft Office suite knowledge
With a little guidance and training from the right employer, Lynn will be well on her way to becoming a valuable addition to the trucking industry!
You and Lynn will both benefit from our training on the job program: Lynn will develop skills and gain work experience while you receive financial assistance from WCB during the training period. Other benefits include:
- Receive funding for training, such as M.E.L.T., WHIMIS, business courses etc.
- Save money on training costs/wages during the training period.
- Access a skilled and motivated employment pool.
- Receive protection for the costs of any injury or re-injury that might occur during a TOJ program.
- Coordination of ergonomic assessments and workplace modifications (if applicable).
At the end of the program, you will have a fully trained employee who will contribute to your company!
Contact WCB for a detailed resume, with any questions or to set up an interview: 1-866-498-4694 or email TOJ@wcb.ab.ca to learn more. Let us know you’re responding to the featured job seeker article. AMTA is also available to assist with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org