Date Posted

December 19, 2023

 As an employer with workers, you’re required to fill out an annual return reporting your workers’ assessable earnings paid in the last year along with what earnings you expect to pay in the upcoming year. This is important information to ensure you’re paying the correct premium amount.

Beginning January 1, 2024, you can submit your 2024 annual return by logging into myWCB and selecting File my annual return. You have until February 29, 2024 to file.

If you need support to access a myWCB account, contact WCB or call them at 780-498-7688 in Edmonton or 1-866-922-9221 toll free Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. They are here to help!

Note:  If you are enrolled in the Partnerships in Injury Reduction (PIR) program, it is important you submit your return on time as late filing may prevent you from receiving your 2023 PIR refund.

Do you have adequate coverage?

If you’re a business owner, you’re not automatically covered by workers’ compensation benefits—only your workers are. Optional personal coverage is available to you. The minimum personal coverage for 2024 is $33,400 and the maximum amount is $104,600. You can request personal coverage on your annual return submission.

Has your situation changed?

If you have personal coverage, it’s important to review it regularly to make sure you’ve selected the right amount to protect yourself from lost earnings in the event of an injury at work.  Purchasing the minimum amount of coverage may initially reduce your costs, but if your earnings are greater than the minimum, the benefits you receive if injured may not be enough to replace lost income.

For more information on personal coverage, please visit the WCB’s website.


How can AMTA help?

AMTA can provide members with one-on-one guidance with WCB. If you have any questions, please contact AMTA and our experienced staff will be happy to help.  For your WCB, Safety, Compliance, and Human Resources questions, please email Workplace Support Services at or phone 1-800-267-1003.