October 5, 2021
In response to Alberta’s Public Health Emergency, the COR program is implementing an immediate suspension of on-site data gathering activities by auditors. This means:
- The use of on-site observations is suspended.
- The use of remote documentation reviews and remote interviews (e.g. video-calls, phone, etc.) are required.
- Audits based on review of documentation and interviews are eligible for three-year COR certification.
- Audits based on review of documentation-only are eligible for one-year COR certification or for COR maintenance.
- On-site data gathering must cease for audits in-progress. If you have questions, or require assistance, please contact QA Department.
Employers must provide documents to auditors by electronic means when possible. Auditors must use a safe collection method for paper documents (e.g. curbside pick-up). These rules are in-effect until December 31, 2021, and will be re-assessed for 2022.